Welcome to the Science of Sport, where we bring you the second, third, and fourth level of analysis you will not find anywhere else.

Be it doping in sport, hot topics like Caster Semenya or Oscar Pistorius, or the dehydration myth, we try to translate the science behind sports and sports performance.

Consider a donation if you like what you see here!


Did you know?
We published The Runner's Body in May 2009. With an average 4.4/5 stars on Amazon.com, it has been receiving positive reviews from runners and non-runners alike.

Available for the Kindle and also in the traditional paper back. It will make a great gift for the runners you know, and helps support our work here on The Science of Sport.



Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year and welcome to 2011

2011 begins.  Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone, from The Science of Sport!

I realise I still owe you a "Sportsman of the Year" post, which I hope to get done soon (or the award will start to overlap with 2011!)

As for the year ahead, we can only promise to do our best to bring you the same insights and analysis of the world's sporting events as we've done in the past.  I know that 2010 was an up-and-down year, some very quiet patches and some very busy ones.  I hope that 2011 will bring more consistency, but no less quality.


There are a few things I'd like to build in 2011 - more interaction through our Facebook and Twitter pages (join now!), and more videos, interviews and involvement of others on the site.  As with most of what we do, it's time-dependent, but I'll do my best in 2011!

As always, it's your site as much as ours, and we welcome your feedback, suggestions and comments.  Let's hope 2011 is a great year!


I'm not sure if you are big on New Year's Resolutions.  I'm not, but here's a suggestion:





Have a great 2011!


Ross

0 Comments: