Sports News Stories
One of our main purposes on this site is to try to bring sports news stories to life with a "behind-the-scenes' insight, borrowing from science and our own experience. These are often 'opinion-pieces', news articles where we try to explain the hows and whys, but are not free of our own biases. Hopefully they provide a different perspective!
Below are some of the big stories, and our opinions.
- The allegation: Landis' sensational admission of guilt and implication of others
- Beyond a simple explanation of doping
- Cycling's Catch 22 situation and edging the passport forward
- Caster Semenya announces an imminent return to running - what medical process does this require?
- Caster Semenya will announce her results prior to competing
- Is Semenya's advantage similar to that enjoyed by Bolt over others. Is it "normal" and thus allowable?
- Let males and females compete together: The bizarre extension of allowing Semenya to run as a woman
- The views of Prof Tim Noakes, and revisiting the issue of natural advantage